Monday, September 14, 2009

PROFECO Mazatlan Torrenza.com.mx

We were in Mazatlan last week to celebrate our anniverary. We had pledged to never attend another timeshare presentation, but we decided to attend the Torrenza presenation. Well, we had no interest in buying, in fact I told my salesman about my PROFECO case pending against a competitor's resort in Mazatlan. My PROFECO case seemed to cause quite a stir in the sales room, and other staff came over to ask me about my sales experience, and of course, they asked who my salesman was and what resort I had made the claim against. On person, even told me to stop by the PROFECO office in downtown Mazatlan to check on the progress of my case. We were told the PROFECO has the same type of power in Mexico as the IRS has in the US, and that the resort will have to hire a private attorney to represent the resort at the PROFECO hearing, which for us was held in early February. There can be as many as three PROFECO hearings scheduled, and if the resort does not attend the hearings, fines can be levied against the resort for non-compliance. Well, I have to admit that I was glad that I did change my mind about attending the presentation. I learned alot about how the PROFECO process actually works from the inside. The resort that committed the fraud against me, literally stole thousands of dollars. Now, I know that they will be responsible for paying extensive legal fees for the fraudulent business transaction.
I greatly appreciated the insider information from Torrenza. No, I would not consider buying there. The plan is very adventagious and I wonder if it will be accomplished as designed to scale. They said that they had to have special engineers fly in to check to see if the construction will somehow affect the construction of the neighboring hotels.
Thank you for your post.

9 comments:

  1. Torrenza is a big fraud, They said that they would sell our old timeshare, but that never happened. Now when I try and get in tough with them they never answer my phone calls or my emails. Once you are hooked in, then you are left hanging. They said that they are not liable for the value of our old timeshare. That it is TATW's problem and when I try to contact them they never answer the phone. I told Torrenza that I wanted them to sell my timeshare and they never respond. They will drive tourists away from Mazatlan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torrenza is the biggest fraud in Mazatlan. We were there in January 2010 and the hole in the ground is the same as it was the year before. They have one unit that has been done in an area away from where the building is going to be. However, this is just for show. We were told we would be given $240 US dollars for attending the spiel. However, when we would not buy or put money down, they refused. We told them that we would tell everyone about their scam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. A SCAM Stay away.
    http://www.torrenza.biz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total scam, the people running Torrenza also have bought out Playa Maria, another horror story and La Jolla Boutiques. we were cheated by Playa Maria and traded our time share before it was purchased by Torrenza. The horrible thing about Torrenza is that people who owned Playa Maria have had their Maintenace fees go up 200%, the good thing is that Torrenza can not bust their contracts, of not paying until they use the time shares. as you can imagine no one is staying there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric: What do you mean "the good thing is that Torrenza can not bust their contracts, of not paying until they use the time shares. as you can imagine no one is staying there!!" We have had our fees doubled and then some...We have not been back since 2003. Does this mean that our contract is no longer any good since we have not been back? Or because we in inadvertently did send in fees in 2008, we are now with a valid contract...a bad outcome for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We bought in May of 2009, I have NEVER Regreted anything more. BANK OF AMERICA should be taking some responsibilty in this scam as well since they are the money behind it.

    We should all band togther and take these shameless SOB's down !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well im all for banding together we should try that profeco. if anyone has a phone number for profeco or some legal advise. pls email at gueradiaz2009@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. anonymous said ..

    Yes, I also agree that we should all band together and try to get Perfeco to help us, as well as The Bank of America. We bought Jan. 2009 into the Torrenza Botique and were told that we could use
    the New Tower they would have available by Jan. 2012. Every time
    I have called their so called office, the message tells me to leave a number, and no one calls back. Was told to pay to The Bank of America in Denver, as we were going there Dec. 2011. Only to find out from the shop owners that it had been vacated 2 months ago.
    (we are Canadians and do not have B of A there.) We are left in limbo, as we want to use it soon, and cannot get any info from anyone. Were also told they would trade our other Time Share in Branson. Never happened,we are stuck with Torrenza. Big Fraud.
    January 03, 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep getting calls from people claiming to be representing the Mayan group wantng to buy my timeshare. They claim there is a class action suit - does anyone know about this? I am Canadian and was scammed in Nov/10

    ReplyDelete