Monday, September 14, 2009

Torrenza Private Residence Club Resorts

I've been to Los Cabos a number of times, Puerta Vallarta, Bsarais, I've travelled down the Baja for a six month journey with a small trailer and I have always been treated with respect and honest from any Mexican I have met.

My perfect record came to an end in Mazatlan.

I have purchased many trips, excursions from beach vendors and this vacation was no excretion. Since the beach vendors are not allowed on the hotel property ( they are allowed on the beach in front of the hotel just not on the property of the motel) I was able to avoid them for the most part. I was not looking to buy any trinkets, toys, clothing, hats, timeshares or anything else. Alas, on the one my wife and I ventured to the ocean the timeshare sharks came out to play.

Daniel Campos asked me if I want to go on a boat trip to Stone Island. I had read about Stone Island and was interested in the day trip. I said to Daniel as long as it does not involve a timeshare I am interested. He said he sells timeshares but can also book us on the boat without a timeshare presentation. He said he makes his commission for this service too. I said sure why not. He was offering it about $10 cheaper than the hotel. Not a big difference but Danie was doing his best to make a living chasing people like me around in 100 degree weather.



He produced a paper with the Torrenza Private Residence Club Resorts and telephone 112 08 20 invitation to timeshare on it. I said no timeshare. He said of course not and he crossed out the part of the contract that said I was to have the 90 minute timeshare. He wrote the name of the boat I was to go on... The Titanic. Now that was funny! He asked me for 200 pesos (about $20 ) deposit and the rest would be paid when i got to the boat.

Again I asked him if there was no timeshare and that he was being upfront with me. He assured me all was good and that a red pick up truck (there are many of these picking up and dropping off people to tours) would collect my wife an I at 9 am the next day. Unbeknownst to me my wife took this photo from our balcony. vendor on beach

The next day we were at the pre arranged pick up spot just before 9 but no one ever showed. We waited till 9:45 My little contract had a number on it for the timeshare so I walked back to the hotel and phoned the Torrenza properties. I explained my situation and the man answering the phone knew Daniel Campos. He said he would check into it and phone my hotel room right back.

My wife and I waited for about an hour and no call. Instead of ruining our day we headed down to the Riu pool and would pick up his message later. No one ever called and left a message. So $20 is not the end of the world to me, but I get disgusted with unethical people.

I suspect something went amiss and no person was trying to rip me off but for God's sake if you screw up do what you can to put it right. Torrenza would be getting rave reviews on this site instead of two thumbs down for ignoring me after I took the time to call. I'm on vacation, I don't want to deal with assholes.

Shame on the Torrenza.

1 comment:

  1. Cancelamos su Tiempo Compartido…

    En 45 días hábiles en promedio
    Y lo liberamos de TODOS los compromisos
    contraídos con su Club de Viajes

    Si Ud. considera que llegó el momento de reorientar
    Su presupuesto vacacional

    ¡ Llámenos !
    Y retome el control de SUS vacaciones

    + info: 01 555 536-6997 * LADA sin costo: 01 800 558-8639 * www.hlmexico.com.mx

    ReplyDelete